Cheerful Hearts Foundation provides internship opportunities to students and non-students from all over the world in Education, Childcare, Public Health, Social Services and Sports. Our internship programs give interns the opportunity to effectively apply classroom work to practical life situations. Interns live in the local host family home and become members of the village. This gives them the opportunity to learn new languages, experience different cultures and gain a deeper understanding of the global experience.
Interns also have the opportunity to meet other participants from around the world, creating a program where skills, ideas and knowledge can be shared and expanded. After work, participants can have fun and relax in the local area and nearby beaches. Our program also gives interns opportunities during their internship and in their free time to travel to other parts of the country to learn about the multi-cultural differences in Ghana.
CHF internship is an option often chosen by students. It adds ‘traditional’ education sources, giving the students the opportunity to improve their CV/Resume, and become more professionally competitive. The main benefits are professionally-related experience and better prospects for career positions.
Moreover, we provide internship opportunities in partnership with professional institutions including the Ghana Health Service, Ghana Education Service, Awutu Senya District Assembly and other local institutions, giving interns a wide range of opportunities to choose from.
Internship programs are similar to the volunteering opportunities CHF offers, but some features are specific to internships:
- Starting dates are flexible, can be adapted to the needs of the intern and the demands of the internship program as stated by you or your University.
- The length of your stay will depend on the requirements your internship (University) demands, but usually ranges from 3 weeks to 3 months period.
- The work you will perform will be carefully selected considering your studies, academic goals and career interest.
- Your work receives a personalized supervision; there will be professionals in the areas of your internship who will guide you to achieve your purpose of the internship.
- The supervisor evaluates your work at the end of the experience following the formats generally set by University; this allows you to receive adequate academic credit for the internship.
- An internship helps you to build knowledge and improve your skills in your area of focus and interest. Furthermore it can give you the opportunity of being part of important development issues, by experiencing the numerous challenges these communities face, and to immerse yourself in the culture and lives of the local people.
- Internships are opened to all individuals in any part of the world regardless of their race, religion, sex, age and status, and one does not require any specialized skills to be able intern in our programs since a wide range of services are provided by this organization. In other words, both experts and less experienced individuals can intern in our programs.
- At the end of the placement, interns are awarded a certificate and a reference letter from Cheerful Hearts Foundation and the host institution, some including a testimonial from the Ghana Health or Education Service. We can also complete relevant documentation to achieve your academic credit at your University.
You can develop your internship by teaching in one of our local schools (Nursery, Primary, Junior High, Senior High) which gives you the opportunity to learn our curricular and educational system, gain skills of training children, and learn a deeper experience of global education.
There are opportunities for interns who are studying childcare. You can choose to gain experience in a crèche, kindergarten, and nursery. You can also care for orphans at a local orphanage.
We provide public health internship opportunities in partnership with the Ghana Health Service (Awutu Senya District) and some other private health institutions in Ghana, which gives a wide range of internship opportunities to choose from. Interns are normally placed in specific areas in hospitals and health institutions depending on the internship requirements by the intern, and University if necessary.
There are positions available for interns that would like to learn more about areas such as HIV/AIDS, general healthcare, nursing, lab technicians, pharmacists, midwifery, pre-natal and post-natal care, mental health, autism, optometry, dentists, skin disease control, health consultancy, medical health research and others.
If you can not find the health internship opportunity that you are looking for on the website, you can request for a specific internship and we would gladly assist you to obtain the internship position of your choice (if available).
Our community development projects hold a number of different types of intern positions to study from and gain experience, whilst greatly assisting members of the local community. Opportunities include: Human Rights Campaigners, Advocates against Child Trafficking, Administrative Assistants, Project Managers, Project Co-ordinators, Accountants, Auditors, Proposal Writers, Web Designers, Motivational Speakers, skill training and many more.
CHF offers internships for sports teachers and coaches to assist in training our local sports activities and/or football team. This allows direct experience as a Physical Education teacher, or a coach in sports such as football, table tennis and volleyball. You will learn from other sports coach professionals and have the opportunity to become a key part in organizing sports tournaments and competitions between teams.
We also give opportunity to interns who do not see their required positions on our website. You can make any internship request and our organization will gladly assist such interns to get a good institution to intern with. We have contacts, partners and relationships with most members of the community that provide international internships, and would be glad to accommodate you where possible. You may also want to customize your internship to combine some elements of internship and volunteer projects, e.g. teaching and sports coaching.
Cheerful Hearts may provide other internship positions based on current projects carried out by this organization.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with your internship interest or requirement.